9/23/2005

THEM DUKES or THEM DUD'S?
There has been a lot of discussion about the new Dukes of Hazzard movie about whether or not it's any good. The hardliners see no good in it. As a matter of fact the old Cooter who was at one time the Gov. of Georgia said that "Unless they clean it up before the August 5th release date I would strongly recommend that true blue Dukes fans hold their noses and pass this one up." Some are a little upset at the insinuation of marijuana use. Some are upset with the cast.
I for one was pretty much o.k. with it. Growing up in the 80's I watched this show like it was going out of style. I even had the lunch pail. I thought that it was a little modernized but it's not a stretch I don't think to see the boys doing any of the stuff they do in the movie. Although I'm not so sure that it's such a good thing either because it was supposed to be a bit of a kids show, some of the stuff in the movie I wouldn't suggest, of course they will see it somewhere else anyway. As for the cast some are a little upset that they didn't go all original, now come on!!! Who want's to see a 50 year old Daisey? I wouldn't buy a Jessica Simpson album to save my life but I can definitely see her at the Boar's Nest. Anyway I just wanted to know what everyone else thought.
Bonus points if you can tell me who the West Texans are in the T.V. cast and the movie. (Hint: there's one in each, one from Lubbock and one from Littlefield)

No comments: